Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The KAPPOCINO Banner

Okie Doodie .. It's been a while since I've posted the Banner and if you are wondering why and how .. read on

Why Kappocino ::
Well .. 10 Years ago .. somewhere in Changi .. BMT .. I got the nickname Frog .. by my sergeant who is obviously jealous of my cute looks .. ;)

So Frog = Kappo (Hokkien .. in case you are from another part of the planet)

Then 1 fate night in NeoPharoah's (where I was waitering with Wonger and Jaw) .. inspired by the Titanic and the equally good looking Leonardo DiCaprio .. Jaw started calling Leonardo De Kappo-Cino .. (locals who cannot speak ang-moh properly were calling him Leonardo DiCuppacino) .. and hey .. that sounds cool .. REALLY COOL .. that's how I adopted that nick.

That is also compounded by the fact that froggy is an impossible-to-get user id.

Then one day while I was smoking at the stairway, the idea of creating a of a frog in a cup of cuppa dawned upon me. Rest is history.

So now .. the creation ::

1) Finding the right picture in Google.com. This took me quite a while as the posture of the frog and the angle the pict was taken does matter a great deal.









2) A no-brainer. Find a decent pict of a Cuppa .. this I got it in Flickr. Can't remember her name but it is in one of my older post.










3) Next open them up in my favourite Photoshop















4) As the Age-Old Wisdom says,"Backup your work!" The 1st thing I did was to make duplicates of the pix in PS before any edit starts













5) the next thing will be to rotate the frog to a more appropriate angle and superimpose it to the Cuppa pict.

Then .. Start Editing









6) The tricky part is to edit the frog that part of it is in the cup and part is out. Thus, I've gotta adjust the trasparncy of the layer to make minor editing to the edges.

Not too difficult though.

Other things to take note of will be the Shadows and the overall brightness and sharpness of the Cuppa. These are a little difficult to explain .. and at 3:05AM .. explain it?? Fuckit!!



7) Tadaa!!