Monday, August 08, 2005

Parenting 101

Ok .. I am not a parent and I am no expert in this topic. So what on earth am I writing about. Let's just say speaking from a point of view from being someone's child. And, unfortunately, I am a god-damned-fucking only child. So what does that mean? Well, it simply means that all the damned bloody attention is on me. Too much of attention!

Parents just gotta understand one thing. That your god-damned-fucking children do grow up! If you fail to understand this, it only leads to one result .. RESENTMENT. Ok .. ok .. I guess resentment is too strong a word .. how about say frustration, pissed off, irritation. .. whatever the word may be, it still boils down to the same sentiments.

Acknowledging the fact that your children do grow up simply means .. LET THEM LIVE THEIR FUCKING LIFE! .. if they still can't think for themselves at this time .. they probably never will! No amount of fucking-nagging is gonna change them! It only pisses them off.

I am a smoker and I do not need 2 old hags to nag everyday at me the very instance they sense the slightest smell of cigarettes. Do they think that I don't fucking know the ills of smoking? Do they think that I was born last week or did I just come back from Jupiter and am not aware of these facts? Maybe they really think so. But .. please .. get a life!! I can easily recite more ills of smoking to them, than they can ever gather. The point is .. if you've told your offsprings 100 times and it still doesn't change a shit .. SHUT THE FUCK UP .. If 100 repititions won't change a thing, 1,000 or even 1,000,000 WON'T!!! I do believe in subconscious programming but for this aspect .. forget it!

Do they think that I do not want to quit? To hell I do! In fact, I've never met many smoker who do not, deep down in them, wanna kick the habit. And those that successful don't are surely not a result of their parents, or some god-damned-bloody-living-being's nagging.

To sum it all up .. the platinum rule of parenting is LEARN TO SHUT THE FUCK UP ..